Monday, September 24, 2007

Remix Thusday #8: The Yam Who? Edition, starring Kanye West and Pharell, Ski Oakenfull, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, Rodney P, Joss Stone...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yam Who? has been cranking out some of the slickest remixes I've heard in a while. My boy Rich pointed these guys out to me a short while ago, and i've not been able to get enough of them since. I wish I knew more about them (and i wish their asses would come DJ in New York already. If someone can make that happen, you'll be my personal hero. Anyways, here's a few of my favorite remixes of theirs.

Also, I'm sorry for being so slow putting things up recently. I've hit a little bit of a rut finding new music--guess the summer's over for reals, and the music world in NY is slowing down a bit. If any of you that have been reading this, and have a sense of my taste, send me some new shit!

In closing, i just wanted to add that I'm throwing a party in Williamsburg next friday night, on a great rooftop overlooking the East River. If you wanna come, send me an email, and I'll tell ya where it's at. I'm gonna DJ with a few friends, and it should be a swell time--we need to soak up these last few weeks of sunlight while we've still got 'em.

Have a great week.

e.


Pharrell f/ Kanye West - "Number One (Yam Who? Uptown Mix)" [Right-Click To Download]







Pharrell f/ Kanye West - "Number One (Yam Who? Downtown Mix)" [Right-Click To Download]







DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - "Ain't No Stoppin' Summertime" (Yam Who? Rework)" [Right-Click To Download]







Joss Stone - "Tell Me 'Bout It (Yam Who? Remix)" [Right-Click To Download]







Ski Oakenfull - "Heavenly (Yam Who? Rework)" [Right-Click To Download]







Rodney P - "The Nice Up (Yam Who? Rework)" [Right-Click To Download]






No comments: